4 Night Fitzroy Island & Ferry package
4 NIGHTS @ FITZROY ISLAND RESORT
RETURN FERRY TRANSFERS
BEAUTIFUL FRINGING REEF | COLOURFUL FISH
SWIM-UP POOL BAR | RESTAURANT
HIKE IN RAINFOREST | WHITE BEACHES
4 Night Fitzroy Island & Ferry package Info4 night Fitzroy Island Resort & Ferry package offers an unbeatable price for a magical tropical rainforest island experience combined with return ferry transfers from Cairns.
Amazing Value Package includes:
- 4 nights at Fitzroy Island Resort
- Return ferry transfers from Cairns
- Departs daily
DAY 1 - Check-in to Fitzroy Island Fast Cat
Fitzroy Island Fast Cat Departures: Ferry departs from A Finger Wharf
Cairns – Fitzroy Island : 8am, 11am and 1:30pm
Fitzroy Island – Cairns : 9:30am, 12:15pm and 5pm
Check-in directly onto the Fitzroy Island Fast Cat 30 mins prior to departure. Please advise your Ferry times when booking this package.
Guests proceed directly to Marlin Wharf (A Finger Wharf) and turn left at the end. There is no need to go into the Reef Fleet Terminal.
It is only a relaxing 45 minute ride in the190 seat air-conditioned catamaran Fast Cat from our Marlin Wharf berth (Cairns) to the sheltered waters of Welcome Bay on Fitzroy Island.
After a short 45 minute ferry ride from Cairns the view of Fitzroy Island Resort with an impressive majestic mountainous backdrop will come into view. Here you can experience the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef with impressive fringing coral reefs off the island.
- Swimming Pool and spa
- Swim up pool bar
- Restaurant open for breakfast lunch, and dinner
- Foxy's Bar & Cafe (live entertainment most weekends)
- Guest laundry (coin operated)
- BBQ area
- Souvenir and snack shop
- Kid's games/play room
- Conference/function rooms
Resort Hotel Rooms:
- King or twin bedding
- Air-conditioning & Ceiling fan
- Plasma TV
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower
- Linen and towels provided
- Iron & ironing board
- *These rooms do not have a balcony or view to the ocean.
Additionally Ocean Suites Feature:
- Kitchenette (microwave, toaster and full size fridge)
- Laundry with washer and dryer
- Lounge & dining area
- Queen bed sleeps 2 guests
- Double sofa bed in lounge sleeps up to 2 guests
- Spacious Balcony
- Shower and heated towel rails
- * Some rooms with ocean view (ground floor suites have garden view)
2 bedroom Ocean Suite
Is a combination of an Ocean Suite and Resort Studio room adjacent to each other connected through a common walkway. The rooms are not interconnecting and may not be suitable for families with small children.
DAY 2, 3 & 4 - At leisure to explore Fitzroy Island
Fitzroy Island is covered with magnificent rainforest and features many walking tracks ranging from a short stroll to Nudey Beach through to a more challenging hike to the Summit. The island is surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs which are teeming with marine life. The best snorkelling is off the rocks between Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach. Expect to see Turtles, tropical fish and many colourful corals. It is possible to pre-book an activities package for an additional cost that includes Snorkel Hire (1 day), Glass Bottom Boat Tour (1 hour) and Kayak (1 hour).
DAY 5 - Ferry departures from Fitzroy Island to Cairns at 9:30am, 12.15pm and 5pm.
Arrive into Cairns at 10.15am, 1pm and 5.45pm
Please advise your preferred ferry times when booking. Ferry times can be changed, subject to availability, with no additional charge.
Bag storage and change facilities are available for guests on the Island.
**Please be mindful of Ferry times when booking flights.
Great Barrier Reef Day Trip - Optional extra: (charges apply)
Sunlover Moore Reef Outer Barrier Reef departs from Fitzroy Island daily. Combine this cruise with your package.
Jump on-board Sunlover Reef Cruises that picks you up at 10:15am from the wharf on Fitzroy Island and head out the pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef. You will have 4 hours on the pontoon to experience the reef from many aspects.
- Sumptuous buffet lunch- fresh seafood, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruits
- All snorkelling equipment- buoyancy vest, mask and snorkel
- Complimentary glass bottom boat
- Semi-Submersible vessel tours
- Marine Life touch tank- See unique creatures of the reef up close
- Underwater observatory with daily reef naturalist presentations
- Fish feeding
- Kids swimming enclosure - Small children can also enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in the safety of an enclosed pool area. Fish can swim inside the enclosure for a true reef experience.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (charges apply and must be pre-booked):
Certified Scuba Diving
Guided Snorkel Tours
Scenic Helicopter Flights
- The Fitzroy Island Resort and Ferry Package includes accommodation and return ferry transfers from Cairns with Fitzroy Island Ferries.
- Please advise your arrival time so that we can pre-book your ferry times.
- It is possible to extend your stay on Fitzroy Island, please enquire for extra nights rates.
- You can start this package any day of the week.
- Families can be accommodated. Please enquire ..
Posted By Steven Price
Nice day on Fitzroy
Enjoyable trip out to Fitzroy Island, particularly because of Aaron.
Posted By Belinda Kejda
Enjoyed the ride and especially the crew who were very cheerful and helpful.
Posted By Richard Hockett
Great ferry ride. Very professional. Safe. Punctual. Highly recommend
Posted By Fiona Macdonald
Very good location, the sea was fantastic also for snorkelling activities, very friendly staff from all over the world. Very clean the rooms and the common areas.
Posted By Giuliano Pastorino
A brilliant two night stay.
A brilliant two night stay. The best way to see the barrier reef. Loads of turtles, fish and coral whilst snorkelling. Lovely walks and food. Even got to see some whales on our return journey. Will be back
Posted By Jo Gwillin
Had a wonderful time
Had a wonderful time and hope to come back.
Posted By Christine Wattie
Natural beauty and excellent value
The natural beauty and excellent value for money makes up for the service and facilities
We hope to go next year
Posted By Edward Manier
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.