4 night Reef & Island Fun
4 NIGHTS @ FITZROY ISLAND RESORT
SUNLOVER RETURN FERRY TRANSFERS
SUNLOVER OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP
SWIM-UP POOL BAR
FREE SEMI-SUBMARINE & GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
4 night Reef & Island Fun Info4 night Fitzroy Island Reef & Island Fun Package offers a magical tropical rainforest island experience combined with a daytrip to the Outer Barrier Reef with Sunlover Cruises.
- 4 nights accommodation on Fitzroy Island Resort
- Return ferry transfers from Cairns
- Sunlover Great Barrier Reef cruise
- Semi-Submarine tour at Reef
DAY 1 - Check in to Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Check-in starts from 8.30am and closes at 9.15am for a 9.30am departure from Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns
After a short 45 minute ferry ride from Cairns the view of Fitzroy Island Resort with an impressive majestic mountainous backdrop will come into view. Here you can experience the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef with impressive fringing coral reefs off the island.
- Swimming Pool and spa
- Swim up pool bar
- Restaurant open for breakfast lunch, and dinner
- Foxy's Bar & Cafe (live entertainment most weekends)
- Guest laundry (coin operated)
- BBQ area
- Souvenir and snack shop
- Kid's games/play room
- Conference/function rooms
Resort Studio Hotel Room:
- King or twin bedding
- Air-conditioning & Ceiling fan
- Plasma TV
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower
- Linen and towels provided
- Iron & ironing board
- These rooms do not have a balcony or view to the ocean.
Additionally Ocean Suite Feature:
- Kitchenette (microwave, toaster and full size fridge)
- Lounge & dining area
- Queen bed & sofa bed- sleeps up to 4 guests (with extra 2 persons sleeping on sofa bed).
- Spacious Balcony
- Shower and heated towel rails
- Some rooms with ocean view (ground floor suites have garden view)
2 bedroom Ocean Suite
Is a combination of an Ocean Suite and Resort Studio room adjacent to each other connected through a common walkway. The rooms are not interconnecting and may not be suitable for families with small children.
On a day to be determined due to Sunlover only running 3 days per week: Sunlover Moore Reef Cruise
Depart from Fitzroy Island at 10:15am and arrive back at 4:30pm
Jump on-board Sunlover Reef Cruises that picks you up at 10:15am from the wharf on Fitzroy Island and head out the pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef. You will have 4 hours on the pontoon to experience the reef from many aspects.
- Chef prepared lunch box by Nu Nu
- All snorkelling equipment including buoyancy vest, mask and snorkel.
- Complimentary glass bottom boat and semi-submersible vessel tours
- Marine Life touch tank introduces you to some of the unique creatures of the reef.
- Underwater observatory with daily reef naturalist presentations and fish feeding
- Kids swimming enclosure - Small children can also enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in the safety of an enclosed pool area. Fish can swim inside the enclosure for a true reef experience.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (charges apply and must be pre-booked):
Certified Scuba Diving
Guided Snorkel Tours
Scenic Helicopter Flights
These options and prices are available when booking.
DAY 3 & 4 - At leisure to explore the island
Fitzroy Island is covered with magnificent rainforest and features many walking tracks ranging from a short stroll to Nudey Beach through to a more challenging hike to the Summit. The island is surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs which are teeming with marine life. The best snorkelling is off the rocks between Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach. Expect to see Turtles, tropical fish and many colourful corals. It is possible to pre-book an activities package for an additional cost that includes Snorkel Hire (1 day), Glass Bottom Boat Tour (1 hour) and Kayak (1 hour).
DAY 5 - Departure Day:
At leisure to explore the island before Ferry departs at 4:40 pm for your transfer back to Cairns. Arriving into Cairns at 5:30pm. (bag storage and change facilities are available for guests)
Note *Please be mindful when booking flights of these times.
Note *If your flight times do not fit with the Sunlover scheduled Reef & Island Fun ferry times it is possible to pay additionally for alternative ferry transfers.
We really enjoyed our few days
We really enjoyed our few days on Fitzroy Island. We had read earlier a minority of critical reviews of the resort and we cannot understand why. I think some people must get out of the wrong side of bed in the morning!
Posted By Geoffrey Doyle
Can't wait to go back
Brilliant we loved Fitzroy Island, can't wait to go back. Paradise
Posted By Cadi McCarthy
Good value for families
Not your 5 star resort but is still good value for all families and even oldies as well. Main restaurant is pricey but there are alternatives.
Posted By James Randall
First class staff in the restaurant
Lovely plus with first class staff in the restaurant
Posted By Scott Prenzler
A very pleasant way to get to Fitzroy Island
A very pleasant way to get to Fitzroy Island for our stay there.
Posted By Geoffrey Doyle
Good for kids
Great place for snorkellers/aqualung divers and good for kids as well. Check transfer ferry times as they do not depart all times, all days.
Posted By James Randall
Really impressed with the quality of service
Really impressed with the quality of service and support from staff, and how they managed so many people so well
Posted By Cate Bailey
The reef is alive
The reef is alive - total! Test it !
Posted By Thomas H
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 7 minutes
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.