4 night Reef & Island Fun
4 NIGHTS @ FITZROY ISLAND RESORT
SUNLOVER RETURN FERRY TRANSFERS
SUNLOVER OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP
SWIM-UP POOL BAR
FREE SEMI-SUBMARINE & GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
4 night Reef & Island Fun Info
Fitzroy Island Reef & Island Fun Package
A magical tropical rainforest island experience combined with a daytrip to the Outer Barrier Reef with Sunlover Cruises.
- 4 nights accommodation on Fitzroy Island Resort
- Return ferry transfers from Cairns
- Sunlover Great Barrier Reef cruise
- Semi-Submarine & Glass Bottom Boat tour at Reef
DAY 1 - Check in to Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Check-in starts from 8.30am and closes at 9.15am for a 9.30am departure from Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns
Fitzroy Island Resort is a Contemporary Resort with a Classic Island Style combining Natural Stone, Timber and Water and Light features creating a memorable Island experience. Here you can experience the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef with impressive fringing coral reefs off the island.
- Swimming Pool and spa
- Swim up pool bar
- Restaurant open for breakfast lunch, and dinner
- Foxy's Bar & Cafe (live entertainment most weekends)
- Guest laundry (coin operated)
- Souvenir and snack shop
- Kid's games/play room
- Conference/function rooms
- Resort Guest bag storage and change facilities
Resort Studio Hotel Room:
- Queen or twin bedding
- Air-conditioning & Ceiling fan
- Plasma TV
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower
- Linen and towels provided
- Iron & ironing board
- These rooms do not have a balcony or view to the ocean.
Additionally Island Suite Feature:
- Kitchenette (microwave, toaster and full size fridge)
- Lounge & dining area
- Queen bed & sofa bed- sleeps up to 4 guests (with extra 2 persons sleeping on sofa bed).
- Spacious Balcony
- Shower and heated towel rails
- Partial ocean or garden views
Additionally Top Floor One Bedroom self-contained suites (Welcome Bay Suite) feature
- Guaranteed Ocean View
- Laundry with washing machine & dryer
- Full Kitchen, microwave, oven & stove, full fridge, and toaster
- Lounge and dining area
- Queen bed and sleeps up to 4 guests (with extra 2 persons sleeping on a sofa bed)
- Spacious Balcony with outdoor seating
2 Bedroom Island Suite
Is a combination of an Island Suite and Resort Studio room adjacent to each other connected through a common walkway. The rooms are not interconnecting and may not be suitable for families with small children. Sleeps up to 6.
Check-in time is from 3pm and check-out from 10am.
Sunlover Moore Reef Cruise - On your Arrival or Departure day.
Arrival day (Default) : From Cairns Marina, head out to the Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon. Arrive at Fitzroy Island at 4:15pm ready to check into your room at Fitzroy Island Resort.
Departure day: Check out with your luggage and be waiting at the Fitzroy Island Jetty at 10:15am to head out to the Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon. You will arrive directly back into Cairns at 5:30pm.
Jump on-board Sunlover Reef Cruises and head out the pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef. You will have 4 hours on the pontoon to experience the reef from many aspects.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (charges apply and must be pre-booked):
Certified Scuba Diving
Guided Snorkel Tours
Scenic Helicopter Flights
These options and prices are available when booking.
What to bring:
Swimming costume and beach towel
Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
DAY 3 & 4 - At leisure to explore the island
Fitzroy Island is covered with magnificent rainforest and features many walking tracks ranging from a short stroll to Nudey Beach through to a more challenging hike to the Summit. The island is surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs which are teeming with marine life. The best snorkelling is off the rocks between Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach. Expect to see Turtles, tropical fish and many colourful corals. It is possible to pre-book an activities package for an additional cost that includes Snorkel Hire (1 day), Glass Bottom Boat Tour (1 hour) and Kayak (1 hour).
DEPARTURE DAY: Be waiting at the jetty at 4:15pm with your luggage. You will arrive back into Cairns at 5:30pm.
Luggage storage and change facilities are available for guests at Fitzroy Island Resort. Luggage is transported with you on Sunlover Reef Cruises.
* Please be mindful when booking flights of these times.
* If your flight times do not fit with the Sunlover scheduled Reef & Island Fun ferry times it is possible to pay additionally for alternative ferry transfers.
* Fitzroy Island has licensed premises and BYO alcohol is not permitted.
- Order click & collect from Woolworths Cairns to take over on the ferry. (Island & Welcome bay Suites have full size fridges)
- There is a cheap parking lot at 2/18 Hartley's St, this is a 10 minute walk to the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- We recommend doing your Outer Reef Tour on your day of arrival so that it gives you time to reschedule if it were cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
- We recommend packing a separate day bag & towel for your Outer Barrier Reef Adventure.
Maintenance Projects 2022:
Fitzroy Island Resort is committed to maintaining its facilities to the highest standard. During the year we will be undertaking a number of essential maintenance projects. We apologise in advance for any disruption to guests.
*The Resort Pool and Pool Bar will be undergoing repairs and upgrades and closed from 26th April to 8th June 2022. The smaller diving pool is available to guests plus sun loungers will be placed in the garden area outside the accommodation wing.
*Accomodation access walkways will be undergoing maintenance.
*Bathroom renovations will be undertaken throughout 2022.
*Ground floor walkway and ceiling repairs in the main resort will be undertaken during April & May from 10am-2pm.
Why book with Travstar
Australian Owned business
Travstar is a locally owned booking agency in Cairns Australia.
Great Package Savings
We negotiate unique package rates with local resorts and tour operators.
Our consultants are here to help with any of your queries.
We absorb all credit card fees in our pricing.
Perfect tropical getaway
Beautiful resort. A perfect tropical getaway. The staff were very helpful and kind
Posted By Sheetal Gurung
The Island is very ,very beautiful
The Island is very ,very beautiful and the staff so friendly.
Posted By Peter Eldridge
We really enjoyed our few days
We really enjoyed our few days on Fitzroy Island. We had read earlier a minority of critical reviews of the resort and we cannot understand why. I think some people must get out of the wrong side of bed in the morning!
Posted By Geoffrey Doyle
Can't wait to go back
Brilliant we loved Fitzroy Island, can't wait to go back. Paradise
Posted By Cadi McCarthy
Great work by the Travstar team
Great work by the Travstar team organising our holiday.
Posted By Andrew Kerr
Excellent and timely assistance while booking
Excellent and timely assistance while booking and whenever I had questions
Posted By Sheetal Gurung
A very pleasant way to get to Fitzroy Island
A very pleasant way to get to Fitzroy Island for our stay there.
Posted By Geoffrey Doyle
Good for kids
Great place for snorkellers/aqualung divers and good for kids as well. Check transfer ferry times as they do not depart all times, all days.
Posted By James Randall
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.