INSTANT BOOKING OPTIONS
Outer Reef from Fitzroy Island Info
Join Sunlover Cruises for a memorable trip to their Outer Barrier Reef pontoon (floating platform) at Moore Reef, and enjoy the many activities available.
What makes it Great?
- Great for families
- Only waterslide into reef
- Free Glass bottom boat tour
- Free Semi-Submersible vessel tour
- Marine life touch tank
- Many activities included
- Enclosed kids pool
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
Please be waiting at the Fitzroy Island Jetty by 10:15am for a departure shortly after. Cruise to pontoon at Moore Reef on the Outer Barrier Reef.
Arrives back at Fitzroy Island at 4:30pm. Island Guests can use this ferry as a part of their arrival or departure day and check-in at Cairns Reef Fleet terminal or return to Cairns Reef Fleet terminal. This will need to be advised prior to travel.
- Travel to the reef on-board air-conditioned catamaran
- Free tea and coffee on boarding the vessel
- 4 hours at the outer reef
- Tropical buffet lunch including fresh seafood, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruits
- Marine naturalist presentation
- All snorkelling equipment and expert instruction
- Snorkelling enclosure with rest and view station
- FREE Glass bottom boat tours
- FREE Semi-Submersible tours (Not operating due to Co-Vid)
- Fully enclosed kids pool - The kids can swim in a safe, enclosed environment and still get to experience the Great Barrier Reef, as fish can swim inside the enclosure.
- Touch tank to experience unique marine life up close
- Underwater observatory
- Fish feeding presentation
- Afternoon tea
- Freshwater showers and change rooms
- Stinger Suit
- FREE WIFI
- EMC (reef tax)
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (Charges Apply):
- Certified Scuba Diving
- Introductory Scuba Diving
- Seawalker Helmet Diving
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Scenic Heli Flights
- Prescription Lenses available for $5 hire with $50 deposit
- Locker hire (wallet size) $6
- Stinger Suit - Free
- Wet Suit hire $10
- Full bar facilities
Guided Snorkel Tour:
Outer Barrier Reef snorkelling experience. A professional marine naturalist will guide you on a 30-minute tour, showcasing the reef and its unique marine life. You can see and learn about the world?s largest Bi-Valve (the Giant Clam), Clown Fish with their host (Anemone Coral), and Giant Blue Starfish. You?ll also learn a myriad of other facts about this amazing corals and marine life you will only ever see on Queensland?s Great Barrier Reef. Maximum 6 guests per snorkel tour.
If you really want to get close to the amazing coral and marine life of the Great Barrier Reef, join an introductory scuba dive. All instructors are PADI qualified and experienced so you can immerse yourself in the reef up close, even without prior dive knowledge. Sunlover Reef Cruises offers a range of unique dive locations, with each dive tailored to suit your level of confidence and expertise. Maximum of four people per instructor.
Sea Walker Helmet Dive:
Seawalker has been designed to introduce people to the excitement of the underwater world, even without any prior dive knowledge or experience. You will be guided on your adventure by a qualified Seawalker diving instructor. Unlike traditional scuba diving, Seawalker enables you to breathe through your nose and mouth as you would above water. Seawalker also allows you to keep your face and hair dry while you experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Maximum of six people per instructor.
Seawalker and Diving restrictions:
* Minimum age 12 years
* Please note that Seawalker or Scuba Diving is subject to a medical checklist.
* Strictly non-refundable if on-board medical check is failed.
Medical checklist for Seawalker & Scuba Diving.
Multi-lingual staff members: Sunlover does have Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other language speaking crew members on-board.
What to Bring:
Simply pack a bag as if you were going to the beach for the day.
Hat & sunscreen (SPF 30+)
Sun protective clothing, like a t-shirt or rash vest
Cash for drinks at the bar (soft drinks, beer, wine)
Credit card for on-board shopping and optional adventures
The experience was great
The experience was great, and I enjoyed the undersea walkers, just not sure it was worth the price.
Posted By Cheryl Mcleod
Sunlover is once in a lifetime
What a day- the experience of a lifetime. Will come back!
Posted By Maria Padilla
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.